About Me

My photo
Live. Love. Learn. Life is short, it's time to do the things you love! My friends are my heart, my family is my rock. I just turned 30 and i'm trying not to panic! I have a fabulous apartment in the city, and some crazy dating stories! Read, interact and enjoy xx

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Last Night...

Ok so today i was going to upload my post about last year's awful Valentine's Date. But last night was too much fun to not blog about!


It was Ranya's birthday :) Yes it's her real name. She is now a superstar ;) hehe
We went to Restaurant Vauvert — it was alot of fun, and definitely one of my new favorite places to go for supper, drinks and dancing. Maybe it was because of V-day, but SO many hot single guys! Single ladies, we're hitting this place up again soon!

So, once supper was over, we got up from our table and the dancing began. It was then that i noticed a man, dressed in argyle, with his girlfriend who was passing out on his arm. He sat near us and he didn't stop giving me these “come hither” looks. It was very disturbing. While talking to my friend who was sitting near him, he managed to introduce himself and mention that he had a room upstairs in the hotel. eewwww

I continued my evening, avoiding Mr.Argyle's stares, but he succeeded in getting the attention of my friends husband. Only to ask him if he had cocaine or ecstasy. lol very classy. That explained the tripped-out girlfriend he had on his arm. I think he was trying to find her a “little Valentine's Day treat”. ewww

So i had been scoping out guys all night long. Trying to decide which ones were too young for me (yes i always like the ones who look 22, lol.) ,which ones had potential, and which ones i should stay away from (aka Mr Argyle sweater). I have to say, there was alot of eye contact going on. But for some reason or another, i think guys are intimated to walk away from THEIR group of guys and into MY group of girls... it sucks. You can see their interested, but they stay clear. I think i need to get better at the “come hither look and smile” ;)

When the night was winding down, i was sitting, talking with my bestest (who's preggers and toughed out the whole night! good job lady!) and I noticed that this guy i'd been eying at the beginning of the night was standing near us, looking at me. I tried my “sexy” look and smile, but he didn't budge. He kept looking , but wasn't making a move. I obviously need some coaching in that area! lol

My lovely and pregnant “wingman” tried her best at including him in our circle as we we sent her husband to get our coats. LOL
He was 2 feet away, and i thought; he's not even going to say hi now?!
Finally everyone was ready to go and i gave him one last look, hoping, and he FINALLY said something. He said: “Are you spoken for?cute.
And then went to say that he's sorry he waited so long to say something. Apparently “I was just so beautiful that he assumed that i'd have a boyfriend
very cute. It's Valentine's Day after all. I can accept some compliments, right?

So, i took his Facebook name. The new way of exchanging phone numbers for me. You can check out his profile (and his age!) without any pressure!

Only problem... i realized this morning... there's at least 7 profiles with that name, and his picture isn't on any of them! So, which one do i choose? The blank facebook silhouette, who only has 5 friends? The SNL puppets? The ski mask face (who's in a relationship!!!) — let's hope not. OR the high school senior?! (Let's REALLY hope not!!)

So... it took a chance on the SNL puppets profile. We'll see if he writes back.
Maybe my exchange of facebook information wasn't the best way to get someone's info...

No comments:

Post a Comment