About Me

My photo
Live. Love. Learn. Life is short, it's time to do the things you love! My friends are my heart, my family is my rock. I just turned 30 and i'm trying not to panic! I have a fabulous apartment in the city, and some crazy dating stories! Read, interact and enjoy xx

Friday, December 23, 2011

What does XMAS mean to you?


As we're on the cusp of Christmas, i want to remind us all to think about what this time of year is really about...
Think about what made you happy as a child. 
For me, it was the snow falling to the ground, the smell of my mom's Christmas cookies, the anticipation of the gifts under the tree, the magic of Santa Clause, giggling with my brother and sister, sitting in front of the sparkling Xmas tree, talking to my family in the U.K over the phone... 

It's hard to keep that blissful mindset as an adult, and it's easy to get caught in the hustle and bussle of the Holidays... 

This morning, I'm preparing myself for the last push: the last visit to the mall; the last minute wrapping... but i'm trying to appreciate every moment... the snow falling outside, the lights of my tree, the sound of the xmas music, anticipating time with family and friends, and all the love in my life. 
And I'll also be donating to a new charity as i do every year. This year i've chosen Mission in Action see Davina + Daniel's story here. You can shop from Davina+Daniel's ETSY shop, and until December 31st all the purchases will go directly towards Mission in Action, to build a new orphanage for the kids they visited in Africa. 

I encourage you all to think about what will make you feel good this holiday season.

What does Christmas mean to you?

Happy Holidays friends xx
♥Roxy 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Roxy! Great Post! Thanks for reminding me what xmas is about:) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete