About Me

My photo
Live. Love. Learn. Life is short, it's time to do the things you love! My friends are my heart, my family is my rock. I just turned 30 and i'm trying not to panic! I have a fabulous apartment in the city, and some crazy dating stories! Read, interact and enjoy xx

Monday, April 4, 2011

Deadline Obsessed

Answer this question: Are you living for the present or for the future?

The topic between my girlfriends and I the past few months, is our self-imposed deadlines… with our 30th birthdays sneaking up on us, we're all feeling the pressure. Same pressure, but different goals: finding Mr Right, getting married, buying a house, getting pregnant, or jump-starting our careers. It seems like everyone nearing their 30s is deadline obsessed!

I don't know if this obsession is a product of our parents asking us what we want to be when we're grown-up, or if it's simply a natural occurrence and part of that “biological clock” . But either way, we have to change our minsets! I find we get so focused on the goal we want to achieve… like finding a guy who might potentially be a husband and father to our future children. Ahem… no comment...

But some of these self-made “goals” are simply NOT achievable with hard work and dedication. And they cause tons of undue stress and disappointment. We have to realize that some things are simply left to fate. They will happen when they happen, and we need to learn to be ok with that.

Stop living for your goals, and enjoy the moment! Go to St.Martin and live it up! lol ok yes i'm talking to myself -- i just booked a vaca in St.Martin!! YAY for me!

God knows we all have enough pressures from society, our families, and work; so why put extra pressure on ourselves?

Enjoy everyday! If you choose to ignore the consequences for a little while, don't let anyone judge you ;)
“Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” — John Lennon

“Values change. Go with the flow”

Read an article in Flare magazine that is on the same train of thought as me:
http://www.flare.com/beauty-health/article/36977--are-you-deadline-obsessed

No comments:

Post a Comment