About Me

My photo
Live. Love. Learn. Life is short, it's time to do the things you love! My friends are my heart, my family is my rock. I just turned 30 and i'm trying not to panic! I have a fabulous apartment in the city, and some crazy dating stories! Read, interact and enjoy xx

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Roxy's Readings


So i finish my first book from the library! The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell.
What can i say?... it was cute, light and fun. Carrie is definitely not the va-va-voom shoe-obsessed crazy girl we've all come to love on Sex And The City, but what did i expect? In this book, Carrie's an insecure teenager, who just wants a boy to love her!

At least there's some comfort in knowing that we all go through awkward phases, and moments of insecurity, before BIG things happen in our lives. And also, to know, that when you want something bad enough, dreams do come true! So, if you want a book to read while sipping a daiquiri on the beach with your friends this summer, this is definitely a good pick! ...But, if you're looking for something deep and meaningful, this is not the one for you.
Oh and i just have to say that my favorite part of the whole book is the last line! For those that have read it, i'm sure you know what i mean. I won't ruin it for the rest of you! xo
So, NEXT, i have quite a few books on my list to read. I've already taken the big plunge and started The Passage by Justin Cronin. It's a sci-fi about vampires with a twist (so i'm told). And it's got rave reviews, including an advance praise from Stephen King. This book will take me a long time to read tho! I'm not a fast reader and it's 766 pages (hardcover!)! So... it might be a while before my next review! xo

Here's MY SEXY BOOK WORM LIST if you're looking for a new summer read:
Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert i want to read and know what all the fuss it about before it comes out in theaters!
Crazy Busy Beautiful by Carmindymy BFF bought this for me for my bday and even though i've started flipping through it, i want to read it properly from cover to cover!
It's Not Him, It's YOU by Christie Hartman, PhD This is my little secret book at the moment! I'm reading it simultaneously to other books and it's the best dating advice i've heard in years! Stay tuned!
The Other Side of The Story by Marian KeyesI haven't read many of  her novels, but some of my girlfriends love Keyes' writing. This one's on my bedside table waiting to be opened.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the list, I recently finished school and I am looking forward to reading for leisure! I will have to check back for updates on your reviews.

    ReplyDelete