About Me

My photo
Live. Love. Learn. Life is short, it's time to do the things you love! My friends are my heart, my family is my rock. I just turned 30 and i'm trying not to panic! I have a fabulous apartment in the city, and some crazy dating stories! Read, interact and enjoy xx

Monday, September 27, 2010

Yea... Ok, He's My Boyfriend :)

So there's always this awkward moment in a relationship where you're not sure you can say that the guy your “seeing” is your “boyfriend” or not. You never want to jump the gun and assume wrongly... but when you're only dating each other and you're exclusive, what else is there to add?

If you've kissed him, slept with him, slept at his place, met his friends... even after all that... these days, it doesn't mean that you're an item, yet.  And asking him officially “are you my boyfriend?” kind of makes it feel like you're in elementary school...

So, when is it “official” for you? When he's met your parents? When he comes to a big event with you? when he stays over? when u change ur FB relationship status?


I think the issue with suddenly calling your date, your BOYFRIEND, is about the anxiety of the new social status. You are offically in EVERYONE's eye (and not just your own) a couple. And being a couple at my age (yes, almost 30, let's not talk about it) means that there's expectations and pressure. I don't know from where or from who, but you feel it, everywhere. Everyone's expecting to know where things are going, when you're moving in together, buying a house, getting married, having kids!!!! AGHHHH Social pressure exists all around us. And i'm here to say that it's BULLSHIT.

But, yes, i'm officially saying it, J is my boyfriend, and i'm happy. It doesn't mean anything more than that. We're two people who are independent, but like each other, and want to spend time together. That's my definition of my relationship right now.

In the past i've always been so quick to succum to the social pressure and want to take things to the next level, maybe too quickly for some. So this time, i'm good with just being happy.
At least for now ;) hehe


I don't know if he's going to like this: but i'll soon find out! here's a pic of us: happy :)
Oh and P.S. don't worry, all the good stories won't stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment