About Me

My photo
Live. Love. Learn. Life is short, it's time to do the things you love! My friends are my heart, my family is my rock. I just turned 30 and i'm trying not to panic! I have a fabulous apartment in the city, and some crazy dating stories! Read, interact and enjoy xx

Monday, September 12, 2011

10 REASONS I'm not married (?!)

So recently i was reading an interesting article called: 10 REASONS YOU'RE NOT MARRIED by Jenna Stone. I first clicked on it as a joke and then i started really analyzing her points.  LOL C'mon, i'm not married... it wouldn't hurt to know WHY!! ;)

Jenna Stone, did her homework and consulted the experts: Dr. Amir Levine, co-author, with Rachel Heller, of the book Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find -- And Keep --Love. A book, which after reading the article, i'd be pretty interested in reading.
“There is a science of how people behave in romantic situation, it's called adult attachment, only the studies have never been translated to everyday life use up until now.” —Levine
This book talks to three main attachment styles:
  1. Anxious - people are often preoccupied with their relationships and tend to worry about their partner’s ability to love them back. 
  2. Avoidant - people equate intimacy with a loss of independence and constantly try to minimize closeness.
  3. Secure - people feel comfortable with intimacy and are usually warm and loving.

Find out which style you and/or your partner have: click here to take the author's quiz.
Trust me! It might open your eyes about how you treat your relationships. I know it did for me.
So, back to the summary of Jenna Stone's 10 points about possibly why I'm not married :
  1. Believing that playing hard to get will get them interested 
  2. You're trying too hard. 
  3. Thinking neediness is bad. 
  4. You're stuck in a situationship. 
  5. You're stuck on ''the one'' -- You have an ideal relationship in mind and won't let it go. 
  6. You get addicted to highs and lows. You equate anxiety with passion and love. 
  7. You're fixated on your mythological ex. 
  8. You get stuck in a relationship with an impossible future. Long-distance, married, ''it's complicated.” 
  9. You stay home, hoping they'll drop from the sky. 
  10. You decide there has to be instant animal attraction, otherwise you're wasting your time.

Do any of these sound like you? I have to say quite a few resonated with me... i guess there's actually an explanation to why i'm not married, and these experts seem to have a few reasons why! All i can say, is that no one's perfect and i'm doing my best along the way! And... i'll buy this book and see what the hell i can do to avoid failure in the future!! hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment